Thursday, October 29, 2009

Tales Compilation: Hansel and Gretel

In the middle of the forest, two persons appeared in children’s outfit, similar to the fairy tale.


“You’re alright?”

“Alright?” John, completely confused, saw Ringo and made a reply. “Wait. You look like a young kid, Rings.”

Looking at the costume and John’s, he mentioned, with a sly smile, teasing his friend. “You look better if you put a wig on, John.”

“Hahaha, Funny, Rings. Very Funny.” John replied with a bit of sarcasm.

“I mean, you’re wearing a—”


As he looked down and his outfit, he realized that he was dressing up like an ‘innocent’ little girl. He fainted yet, Ringo pulled him up, reminded not to fall asleep.


“I must be dreaming. I must be—”


Momentarily, both of them felt the churning sound of their stomachs. Without any further discussion, they began searching in the forest for food. Few minutes past, they saw a house made of sweets. Ringo rushed to the candy house, pulled John along, and then, began to eat a portion of the house. A witch went out, saw them munching. The two paused upon hearing the footsteps, looked at her.


“Oh my. I didn’t know that you children are so hungry.” She spoke, seemed thinking of something sinister from it. “Why won’t you come inside and I’ll serve you with biscuits…”


Hearing the offer and looking at her appealing appearance, John nudged Ringo’s shoulder by his elbow. His friend sighed heavily, looking at him sternly.


“Oh come on, Rings.” He whispered. “She’ll serve us something.”

Ringo raised his hand, waved a little, answered. “I’ll just pa—”

Unexpectedly, John hit his friend’s groin by his foot, then, politely accepted the witch’s offer. “We do accept your offer, ma’am.”

“What did you do that for?!” Ringo complained, stood up as he winced from the blow.

“Why are you rejecting the offer when there’s an opportunity—“

“Does this thing remind you of something?”

“It does.” John answered with a sly smile, pulled him inside. “Besides, she’s appealing.”


--------------------


Inside the house, while the boys ate their fill, the witch silently snickered, went to the kitchen, preparing for something.


“Say, should we go now?” John asked as he took the last cookie from the tray on the table.

“Why should we go anyway?” Ringo wondered, wiping his mouth. “You’re the one who accepted the offer, John.”

“Fine. My fault then.”

“Children,” The witch’s voice was heard from the kitchen, asked something. “Who wants seconds?”

“I do!” he exclaimed.

John sighed, whacked his friend’s head. “You’re still hungry?!”


He nodded. As the witch came, carrying a tray of muffins with the icing on top. John took only two as Ringo took everything. Afterwards, she smiled, went back to the kitchen.


“Now’s our chance, Rings.”

“Can’t we just—”

“You’re eating everything, you know. Besides, we have to find the way—”


Even before John dragged his friend, a cage from above came down, locked Ringo in. He tried to help him out until the witch came, holding two different kinds of knives.


“Why are you leaving?” She asked, grinned as she sharpened the knives. “I haven’t served you yet another one…”

“I knew this would happen.” RIngo mentioned, directly reminded John while munching the muffin on his hands. “I told you so…”

“Yeah right. You’re the one who doesn’t want to go. I guess we’re even.”

“Not so fast, children—”

“Oh what the heck?!” John suddenly blurted out, blocking his friend. “Don’t eat my friend!”

“What?” Ringo stopped eating as he heard it from him, quite surprised. “I’m dinner?!”

“So, my dear child. If you want to spare your dear friend’s life, you must follow what I told you to do.”

“If he doesn’t?” John would ask, knowing where this was going.

“He will be dinner. As for you, you’ll be my dessert.”

“Haha.” Ringo laughed. “Dessert.”

John looked at him, countered, with a bit of wit. “Haha, Dinner.”

“Oh shut up.”


While the witch ordered him around, he began to do things back and forth, endlessly feeding his friend with different kinds of sweets. Ringo couldn’t help but to eat. Knowing that eating too much, the person’s stomach usually grown bigger, but it didn’t happen in his case. Realizing that he doesn’t grow fat in overnight, the witch lost her patience, demanded her petty slave to bring him to the pot in the kitchen.


“POT?!”


Once the cage had lifted up, John carried his friend to the kitchen. Along the way, he told about his ‘plan’


“Remember this kind of story, right?”

“Yeah. Why?”

“Why won’t we just place her instead in the pot. After all she has poor eyesight.”

“I don’t know, John, but it’s a worth of a try.”


They snickered. He pretended that he placed Ringo inside, but he actually placed a carrot on the pot, hid his friend in one corner. As soon as the witch came, he called her that something gone wrong. Before she approached him, Ringo took her glasses unnoticed. Going to the stove, he began to pull her, placed inside. She struggled, yet John helped him out, forcibly pushed her inside.


“I can’t believe that we’re doing this.”

“I know, Rings, but if we don’t, we will be served.”


Once they placed her in and covered it, they immediately rushed out of the house, followed the road and disappeared.


note: reference of the story is based on the Brother Grimm's Fairy Tales

No comments:

Post a Comment